What are the Benefits if I Switch My Mortgage?
The Australian home loan market is always changing. If you received a loan a few years ago, it might not be the best loan for you anymore. Conducting a regular review of your home loan and comparing it to other loan offerings can help save you money, and in some cases, allow you to repay your loan sooner. Switching, also known as refinancing, is the process of changing your home loan to a better-suited option for you. Often, refinancing allows you to get a lower interest rate, better features, or better service.
What are the Benefits of Switching/Refinancing My Mortgage?
There are many benefits of refinancing your mortgage with a different lender, including:
- Securing a lower interest rate: this is one of the biggest reasons you may want to refinance. Not only do lower interest rates save you thousands of dollars over your loan term, but they also allow you to pay off your home loan faster.
- Finding better features: your priorities may change over the life of your loan. Switching to a loan with features that match your needs, such as offset accounts, fixed interest rates, redraws, etc., may help you save money.
- Finding a better lender: not all lenders offer the same level of service. Switching to a different lender may allow you to find one whose service lines up with your needs.
- Debt consolidation: being able to consolidate debts is another popular reason homeowners choose to refinance. Instead of paying off several smaller debts with higher interest rates, consolidating all their debt into your home loan allows you to make one larger repayment with lower interest rates.
- Equity access: refinancing also allows you to access the equity you have in your home. You can use this equity to make renovations, buy a car, go on holiday, etc. In addition, the interest rate on a home loan is much lower than the interest rate on a personal or car loan.
There are many benefits to refinancing your mortgage. Whatever your reason for refinancing, Mortgage House can help by offering you the most competitive rates.